Cyber Security Vulnerability Assessment
CP Cyber uses proven cybersecurity methodologies to further refine and guide the maturity of your company’s IT infrastructure. Our methodology for vulnerability assessments is divided into two main areas. The assessment stages include:
- Vulnerability Scan – The purpose of a vulnerability scan is to identify targets on IP addresses or IP ranges as well as identify misconfigurations and potential vulnerabilities.
- Assess – This phase is crucial to validating the information identified in the Scan phase. Our experienced team then conducts additional analysis and scans to ensure attack vectors are feasible. This phase reduces false positives thereby increasing value and validity to the report given. This phase consists of evidence collected that goes beyond the information from generic scans.
Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessment Tools Used:
In order to perform our assessments, we use advanced cyber security tools that require customization for each client’s unique environment as well as automated assessment tools to provide a more comprehensive assessment. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to:
- In-house developed vulnerability assessment tools for Oracle Databases, SQL Server Databases, AS400, Windows Active Directory, Linux Operating systems, UNIX operating systems;
- Knowledgeable resources with experience in assessing firewalls such as Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, and Juniper Networks;
- We leverage the Nessus security scanner to identify vulnerabilities. To keep up with the millions of vulnerabilities and attack vectors that have been identified, including the many new vulnerabilities that are being identified on a daily basis, CP Cyber uses its experience and skillsets in analyzing the vulnerabilities to accurately report and communicate the risks presented.